Debt and goals update
August was a good month for me because I was able to spare some extra money to put towards my debt thanks to the third paycheck of the month. I cannot believe that I was able to save money even after celebrating our third year anniversary which makes me feel good.When your debt is going down and your savings going up, it is always a super good feeling. So below are the numbers;
Total Debt Balance = $24,463.18
August Payments = $ 463.11
New Balance = $24,000.07
You can see I did not include the extra payments because I will finalize that when I get the first paycheck for this month. But I know It will drop me sub 24k. One step at a time.
Other goals Updates
Spare some money from budget savings to put towards debtThanks to the third paycheck I was able to do that.
- Rejoin the gym…lol …..Keep dreaming
- Bike at least 150 miles (I did 100 miles last month ) Weather was not very good but I did at least 100 miles
Maximize savings by downgrading service and negotiating with service providers.I won big on this one
- Continue looking for my first job as a nurse…proving to be a challenge, everyone wants experience ….(still on the hunt)(still hunting….nobody wants to hire new grad with no experience. So where am I supposed to get that experience???)
Contribute to our new emergency fund(Although I dipped in it for a car repair, I still contributed faithfully)
- Stick to the budget as much as possible. (yes yes..easier said than done especially when it comes to food.)
- Post on this blog at least 2 times a week (Two weeks good, two weeks bad)
So I am looking at the least above and I have only three things crossed out. I have to do better than this. That’s my new challenge. But money wise, I am happy with August.
So, how did you do financially and other goals in August ?